General purpose, cloud-managed 802.11ac wireless indoor access point
The Cisco Meraki MR42E is a 100% cloud-managed 3×3 MIMO 802.11ac Wave 2 access point. Designed for general purpose deployments in businesses, education, healthcare, retail, and hospitality environments, the MR42E provides performance, security, and manageability. The MR42E provides a maximum 1.5 Gbps frame rate with concurrent 802.11ac Wave 2 and 802.11n 3×3:3 MIMO radios, and security and spectrum visibility via a third radio dedicated to 24×7 WIDS/WIPS and automated RF optimization. An integrated Bluetooth low energy (BLE) radio delivers Beacon functionality and BLE device scanning. The MR42E supports a variety of smart, auto-detectable external antennas that can deliver both focused, targeted coverage in challenging RF scenarios as well as broader coverage in a variety of environments, including those with very high ceilings. These antennas include panel and panel downtilt omni-directionals, wide patch, and narrow patch options. The combination of cloud management, 802.11ac Wave 2, full-time RF environment scanning, and an integrated Bluetooth technology delivers the high throughput, reliability, and flexibility required by the most demanding business applications like voice and high-definition streaming video, both today and tomorrow.
• External antenna connectors (antennas sold separately)
• 3 x 3 MU-MIMO 802.11ac Wave 2
• 1.9 Gbps aggregate dual-band frame rate
• 24 x 7 real-time WIPS/WIDS and spectrum analytics via a dedicated third radio
• Integrated Bluetooth Low Energy Beacon and scanning radio
• Enhanced transmit power and receive sensitivity
• Full-time Wifi location tracking via dedicated 3rd radio
• Integrated enterprise security and guest access
• Application-aware traffic shaping
• Self-configuring, plug-and-play deployment
• Sleek, low-profile design blends into office environments
• Optimized for voice and video
All Meraki products use the Meraki cloud for centralized management and control. The Meraki cloud is licensed on a “per device, per year” basis and is required for each device to operate. Licensing options may differ between products.
In addition to Meraki Cloud Access; license features include:
Lifetime* hardware warranty and advanced overnight replacement at no additional cost
Frequent Security and Firmware Upgrades
24 x 7 Cisco Meraki Support
For further assistance or questions, please call 1-855-462-9434 to speak with a Rhino Networks Cisco Meraki Specialist.
*Excluding outdoor access points and security cameras.